OFFICIAL SPONSORS OF COASTAL MARINE RESOURCES PROGRAM
Sea Turtle Project
Costa Rica is a privileged country's sea turtles because of the 7 species that exist in the world, 6 species nest on our beaches, namely olive ridley (Lepidochelys olivacea), leatherback turtle (Dermochelys coriacea), turtle green (Chelonia mydas mydas), hawksbill (Eretmochelys imbricata), black turtle (Chelonia mydas agassizi), loggerhead turtle (Caretta caretta) but, man, tourist development and deforestation among others, have contributed to these turtles are in serious danger of disappearing and where some species are in critical condition and other species threatened status, so that the efforts we make are very important now.
Thanks to the support of sponsors, the Association of Volunteers for Service in Protected Areas (ASVO) can continue your persistent efforts to protect, preserve and investigate sea turtles, at this time we have 4 projects of this nature, three in the Pacific coast and one on the Caribbean coast, from 2001 to 2013, we had 9,439 signs of activity, we have rescued 7,837 nests, 684 548 eggs and have released more than 510,661 hatchlings to the sea.
If your company wants to be part of the protection of sea turtles, sponsoring our Coastal Marine Resources Program is an option, please contact:
With your help on materials and equipment we strengthen our working groups.
Choose which project you want to help!
You can help with:
- Equipment for our Permanent Protection and Control Units, and Research Design and Environmental Education
- Equipment for our Volunteer Firefighters
- Assist with materials to enhance the Project Sea Turtle Conservation and Education Programs
- Provide materials to promote the development of our new project 2009-2010: Station Environmental Education and Research in Tortuguero
- Buy ASVO merchandising. All money buying shirts, hats, calendars, etc ... goes to our conservation projects. Request information by e-mail on products
- Or suggest us a way to collaborate ...